Sunday, June 7, 2009

Interesting Question from a Reader

What it look like folk? Its Steez back with these chronicles. Since I last touched base with y'all I came down with an illness that kicked my ass. I'm all better now though. But I was out of commission for the better part of this past week. I also got to see my mom this weekend. Her and my aunt came up gor my oldest daughters ballet recital. It was cool to see them after all this time. Now onto the post at hand....shall we?

Late last night I got an email from a reader...she hasn't told me whether or not I can use her name so we will call her A. Well A found the 925 Chronicles via a google search for something about prison or something she is doing for school. Well she saw and read my blog about the criminal mindset. After reading that A decided to ask me what I think political prisoners think of people who are in for "real" crimes.

My answer to that is kinda simple...they don't. In my email to A I referenced George Jackson. A political prisoner who never really denied his association with any criminal wrongdoing. In fact he helped start a gang in prison. Now of course I'm giving an overly simplified view of Mr. Jacksons life and work, but the fact remains that for a number of reasons Jackson sympathized with the majority of incarcerated men at the time.

What I'm saying is, in most instances, a persons view on criminals is based on a lot of different things. But in reality so called political prisoners didn't become that until AFTER incarceration. So they are for all intents and purposes regular prisoners. And anyone that intends to make a difference by going to jail is most likely selfish AND stupid so they don't give a fuck about anyone anyway.

Also you have to consider what being a so called political prisoner would do to ones view of the criminal justice system. If it wasn't already damaged being unjustly penalized for something will most likely destroy any and all faith in that system.

To A, thank you for the intriguing question I hope my answer is adequate. To everyone else keep the questions coming to fsteez44@gmail.com

I'm out

No comments:

Post a Comment