Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Keeping Your Distance from Bullsh!t

What it look like folk? Its me Steez back at y'all once again. On a beautiful morning here in Philly. Even though its early the sunbeams are kissing all over my face. There is a slight chill in the air. I like that though, guess its the Pittsburgh in me. Other than that nothing much is going on with me. Despite nursing my sore shoulder I had a great jiu jitsu class last night. But enough about me let's get to the matter at hand. Shall we?

This blog is in response to a couple of emails I got from a woman that reads the blog. She's somewhat like a lurker and wishes to go unnamed so I will respect that. In fact she is the woman who's brother I mentioned in the blog about the criminal mindset a few weeks ago if y'all remember. Anywho she hit me about some mo' stuff.

First up, she told me that last week her brother(not the one that is in jail) was jumped and had his phone stolen in response to this this womans entire family(her included) went to the peoples house to get the phone back or beat the people up or both. Of course none of the above happened. I was baffled when she told me this. When I asked why she went she said she only went because her mom went. Which baffled me even more. I've been doing some self evaluation lately. I've realized that I don't really have any close friends that I've known for a really long time. Why? Because I tend to not get close to people so that in the event they do some bullshit I can go thaaaatta way. It happens all the time.

Next she told me that yesterday her brother that is locked up, was seen by a judge yesterday and is being sent upstate. This man was just released over a month ago. But not having a clear and present aversion to bullshit to bullshit landed him right back. Also recently one of Butterbears brothers was shot....ON SOMEBULLSHIT. Details are sketchy, but when police have to guard your hospital room, its safe to say you were in and around some bullshit.

Now in all of these cases bullshit was there and presented itself as bullshit. Obviously the last 2 ended worse than the first one. What we have to do is get good at identifying bullshit and getting as far away from it as possible. Whether its relatoonship bullshit, ghetto bullshit, business bullshit or just a bullshitting person. Get the fuck away from it. So many people tend to think that being involved in bullshit is going to somehow be advantageous to them. It won't. Even if the detriment doesn't come until way down the line its going to present itself. A lot of time the reprecussions will be wasted time and energy resulting in missed opportunity. Basically, you'll be sitting there when its over in your jail cell, hospital bed, ghetto living room wondering what else you could have been doing.

As for bullshit people or people that like to be around bullshit. Distance your self from them immediately. For starters they deal in bullshit all the time so they know what they are doing. You don't. Which means YOU'RE the one that is gonna end up fucked up behind their bullshit. A kid just got killed in Philly walking down the street with someone that was on some bullshit. The bullshitter is alive and well and not snitchin of course. Secondly, if you deal with bullshit individuals they will inevitably start bullshitting you. Which you will either reject and have to deal with a bullshit situation to get rid of them(see my first blog) or you will accept it and start bullshitting yourself, which will eventually lead to you becoming a bullshitter yourself.

In the end, as an adult bullshit should not be fun, cute, cool etc. That shit is annoying to people that have any sense at all. Stay away from bullshit at all costs. It'll ruin your life. I bullshit you not.

I'm out

2 comments:

  1. I agree! People need to start looking at the people they surround themselves with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I wasn't lazy I'd count the times you typed the word bullshit, lol!

    But your topic is on point. Don't stay around it cuz it's not going to change and when something goes down we are the ones that get hurt...

    ReplyDelete