Sunday, May 3, 2009

Letting It Go

What it look like folk? Its ya boy Steez right back at y'all. Its been a dreary ass weekend. Rainy and cold...well not really cold but definitely not as warm as its been. Butterbear and I checked out the Wolverine movie on Friday. That shit was cool. The action was definitely on point. But they really bastardized the story. I'm not gonna ruin anything but they really changed a lot of shit from the comics. Yesterday I hooked up with the homies to watch Pacqiao beat the brakes off of Ricky Hatton. It was good to get out the crib though. Well people I got my first blog question in my email. So ima get to it....shall we.

My first question comes from a female reader. BossLady82. She is currently going though some bullshit with her man so she wanted me to address moving on after having been with someone for a while.

Funny shit right before I read her email, I was doing some facebook stalking. I saw some chick from my pasts page. Apparently she was engaged at some point and somewhere along the way that shit fell apart. She referenced having to "start all over again". That shit is hilarious considering she is only 25. That's some shit I see a lot though. First we put too much importance on who we are with. Some muhfuckas hang their whole identity on who they are with. That in itself makes it hard to "move on". You always have to maintain a sense of identity. A sense of self. Basically what I'm saying is, a big part of moving on is not attaching yourself to begin with. May sound cold but its a reality.

Something else, if the muhfucka that you're with fucked up, you didn't lose anything. Think of it as gaining freedom. Fuck 'em and feed 'em fish.

Well Bosslady82 I hope that was adequate. I'm not much of an advice guy so I tried to generalize it. And for the rest of y'all don't forget to hit me up with questions or blog topics fsteez44@gmail.com also shout out to Mel and his family for giving me a spot to watch the fight...big up to his mom for making the bangin food...big up to Monsta for drivin my drunk ass home.

I'm out.

1 comment:

  1. That was some good advice. I would also add move on as quickly as possible. Cry for a couple of days and have a fuck it attitude.

    ReplyDelete