Monday, May 11, 2009

Pleasure & Pain

What it look like good folk? Its ya resident square Count Steezula, or just Steez if you're into the brevity thing. It was a beautiful weekend here in the city of brotherly thugs. After 11 straight days of rain the tepurature went up and the sun came out. I hope yall mothers out there had a good day for mothers day. I'm sure in most cases it was well deserved. But I'm gonna get right into this blog shall we?

The title of this post is Pleasure & Pain as you can see. Those two words most adequately sum up my weekend. Chronologically the pain comes first so that's what I'm about to touch on. So Saturday was Butterbears turn to take our daughter to dance class. She took all of the kids, so I decided to go to jiu jitsu class. This was my first time at a weekend class so I was pumped. It was packed as shit in there as I expected. There were people in there that I've never even seen before. So I paired off with a guy named Todd(my brothers name...which is ironic) a middle aged white guy, who kinda resembles Bob Ross in look and attitude. I've observed this guy before and he looked like a good partner if your looking for a challenge. He is a bluebelt with good size to him and a somewhat awkward yet effective technique. Well, on this particular day we were learning some chokes from the knee to stomach position. Knee to stomach is exactly what it sounds like, one person on their back the other to their side with their knee planted in the other persons stomach. One of the chokes we did was to slide your hands into each side of the persons collar and grab the material(the person on top does this) then drop your shoulder to their chest and walk your legs around until in a 69 like position. This creates a vice around their neck with your arms and the material of their shirt. Well I was on the bottom. And the proper position to take is with one hand up protecting your head from knees and other strikes. Well when Todd began the choke my arm that was protecting my head got trapped between his hip and bicep. Don't ask me how. The fucked up part is that was to be the hand I was gonna tap out with to make him release the hold. I couldn't free it until my elbow was almost pointed straight above my head. I tapped and he let go, completely unaware of what just happened. I sat up with an insane amount of pain in my right shoulder. As I moved it around to see if it was dislocated, broken or anything else. It wasn't so I continued to train MACHO MAAAAAN!!!(c) Richard Pryor. So hear I am monday morning on my way to work, with what is most likely a separated shoulder. The things we do....

Now onto the pleasure. For mothers day I took Butterbear to a restaurant called Fogo De Chao. Its a Brazilian Steakhouse here in downtown Philly. They specialize in the guapo style of service which is basically all you can eat. Its not a buffet though. How it works is you get seated(thankfully I made reservations) and your "server" let's you know what your side dishes are and that you will keep getting them as long as you can take it. And that the salad bar is there for you too. She instructed us not to fill up on the salad bar though. So we went over to the salad bar and had at it. I got a nice bed of lettuce with cucumbers tomatoes croutons and a nice oil based dressing. I guess it was some kind of vinegrette. I also took some bread and this fruit type salad. It was made of apples, raisins and some kind of dressing, very tasty. When we got back to the table our sides were waiting for us, a plate of mashed potatoes dressed with chives, paprika, and cheese, a plate of fried plantains, and this plate of a fried bread od some sort, and a basket of rolls. Also as the server told us our cards were on the table. Two circular cards that resembled coasters. One side red, one side green. We both ate a little then turned our cards from red side up, to green. Within minutes the men walking around with different cuts of meat on the skewers were stopping at our table offering us some, everything from sirloin, prime rib, lamb leg, lamb chops, pork roast, sausage, filet mignon wrapped in bacon, chicken wrapped in bacon...the works. You can have as much as you want, whatever you want as long as your card is green. Then you can turn to red so you can eat without being bothered. Then back to green if you desire. Its a very cool experience. Butterbear really enjoyed it. I would recommend this spot to y'all. They are located all over the country, Google Fogo De Chao to see if one is in your area. Now I warn you its a pretty pricey spot, its like 40 bucks per person but id say its well worth it if you're a carnivore.

Aiiight y'all that's it for me. Don't forget to shoot me your questions and topics.

I'm out

1 comment:

  1. That move sounds like it hurts.

    We have a resturant like that here. It's called Gaucho. Very good and like you said expensive but you do get your money's worth. I highly recommend going on an empty stomach.

    ReplyDelete