Thursday, February 12, 2009

Marriage...The 925 Way pt 2(Life With Butterbear)

What it look like folk? I'm right back as planned with some more of the Chronicles. Still on the eve of my anniversary I wanted to show some love for the woman I love more than anything in the world. So I'm gonna share some experiences that I will never forget. So let's get straight to it. Shall we?

Well, where do I start? I guess the beginning is the best place huh? I remember the first time I saw her, it was in the student lounge area at university of pittsburgh at greensburg, Bobcat Station(she still calls it Panther Paws). I was walking in as she was getting up to leave. Her peanut butter thickness and bronze skin caught my eyes immediately. Then I saw her big bright eyes as she pit on her black sheepskin shearling. I knew she was someone I wanted to know. But I was in some bullshit high school relationship.

A few weeks later I was back in the cafeteria, and it was PACKED with nowhere to sit I searched for a familiar face. I saw one of the females that was a guide for freshman during orientation(one of the few black faces) and JACKPOT she was with the girl I saw a few days earlier. I walk over and asked if I could sit down, and the woman that would be Butterbear said "no". So of course I sat down. upon finishing my food I was preparing to go back to my dorm, as I was a lowly freshman with no friends thus nothing to do. By this thime her friend had left and it was just her and I she suggested that I stay. I did, and we ended up talking until the cafeteria closed. I was hooked.

After many late nights on the phone, me leaving school, several monthly visits, me moving to Texas, then consequently moving up to Philly, it was time to get married. With little money and no support from anyone in our families anda brand new baby. We went to City Blue copped matching sweaters and headed to City Hall. I remember being so nervous that my voice was shaking when I said my vows. And shaking when I had to put the ring on. Thinking "this is forever" and being so happy. Then going to wendys for our meal afterwords(her brother paid....we were THAT broke y'all). LOL.

I'm gonna wrap this up. I'm sure y'all get the picture. But I just want to express how much I love her. How much I have learned from her. She is my inspiration, and the reason that I have become the man I am today. We have our bullshit that goes on(at times she makes me re think my stance on domestic violence) but that's my Butterbear for better or worse. I'm honored to have her. And as I tell her all the time.....Forever's gonna be so fun.

1 comment: