Friday, February 13, 2009

Marriage...The 925 Way(The Date)

What it look like folk? Its the main square Steez back at ya with a quick post. I'm fresh off my anniversary day date with the one and only Butterbear. I just wanted to share a bit of the experiene with y'all. So let's get to bidness shall we?

For starters we both left work early so we could squeeze everything in without being a burden to the kids godmother who was babysitting for us. After some frantic last minute running around buying gifts and paying some bills I went home to freshen up. After washing my ass, ironing my jeans and matching polo, arranging Butterbears gift, and spraying on some Burberry Touch it was time to go. Our first stop after dropping off the supplies for the kids was the movie theatre. We went to see Friday the 13th. I will give y'all a quick review. Basically the film is what one would expect from a slasher. If you liked the 80's slasher films like Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm St, Halloween etc. and/or you like shit like Saw and Hostel, you'll dig this. If you on some ol psychological thriller arthouse film shit you might as well save your money and do something else. We both thoroughly enjoyed the over the top violence, campy humor, and gory death scenes. I give it 3 stars out of 5.

Next we went to Carrabbas Italian Grille. We have been wanting to go to this restaurant for quite some time because of the mouth watering commercials that are always on TV. But lack of funds and opportunity hindered us. With that not an issue we travelled up I95 to or destination. When we got there we were greeted with a huge crowd and an hour wait. We took our little buzzy coaster thing to our car and opened our gifts. She surprised me with 2 pairs of pajama bottoms that I so badly needed, and a brand new deep fryer to replace the busted down one that I have. I gave her a game for her DS(Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader), a book, and Avants new cd. After opening our treats we decided to finish the last half hour of our wait inside. Please believe we waited every one of the 70 mins the promised.

After being seated I ordered us both an Italian sangria tha they make on site. The drink was delicious. It started of really sweet and fruity but finished with a strong alcohol taste. Next were the appetizers. I ordered the calimari, she had shrimp scampi. I was hype about my calimari and dove in. Now, at this poit I had had 3 or for pieces of the complimentary bread dipped in herbs and olive oil. By the time the soup and salad we were both slowing down. But before we knew it the entrees were on the table. I ordered the Chicken Soerento(pictured above) and BB had chicken parmesean. My meal was delicious, a piece of grilled chicken breast topped with eggplant, cheese and marsala sauce(mmmm mmmmm bitch). Dinner was a success and not as expensive as I planned. Score!!!!!

So there you have it folk. A good night out with the lady I love what more can I as for?

No comments:

Post a Comment