Thursday, April 30, 2009

Did President Obama Kill The Boogeyman?

What it look like folk? Its ya host Steez back with some more fo' ya. I STILL don't have the swine flu so go figure. Yo, don't forget that y'all can hit me up at fsteez44@gmail.com with questions for me or topics that y'all would like me to blog about in the chronicles. But on to the regularly scheduled blog. Shall we....

As you can tell by the title this post is gonna be a bit more political than the rest. I was hesitant to touch on this but a co worker who reads my blog suggested I go in...so in I am going. Yesterday marked President Obamas 100th day in office. So naturally people are evaluating his job so far. the evaluation process has been a little more rigorous than I've seen for anyother president in my life, for obvious reasons. So my co worker wanted to know how I think our leader has done. My answer? FUCKIN AWESOME!!!!!! He killed the boogeyman, what else can you ask for?

When I was thinking back on the lat 100 days, which have been tumultuous at best, I can't help but notice the progress made. Nah, not the bullshit you read in the paper. Not the drivel you see on the news. I'm talking about the expressions on everyones face. I don't see fear anymore. I'm not saying that the country is in any better shape now than it was the night Obama was elected. What I am saying is that people BELIEVE that it is. With reports of record stock losses becoming a bad memory, the war in Iraq taking a more positive turn, and a more transparent government body than we've seen in quite some time. People are starting to breathe easy. Until the swine flu made everybody wear a mask.

I'm gonna come right out and say that I don't believe this swine flu thing is what they say it is. Yeah I think that it exists, and yeah I think some people have gotten sick and maybe even died(though not in th U.S.). Basically I think the government was tooling around with a biological weapon to use(maybe on N Korea, Russia, or China) and things went awry. What I DON'T believe is this pandemic bullshit. With the symptoms being so mundane anyone on anyday could be feeling "swiney".

Point blank the government, mostly the right wing, NEED fear for any crazy agenda they want to push. Fear is their drug of choice and it produces a monetary high. But our president seems to have taken that fear out of the majority of the American culture, at least for the time being. Peep how things have been in the past few months. The government has been urging U.S. citizens to stay out of Mexico for a couple of months now, citing everything from the drug cartels kidnapping tourists, to their palsy relationship with Russia. Did we stay away? Fuck no. Or take the Somalian Pirate situation a few weeks ago. When they were asking different american crew captains why they sail through those notoriously dangerous waters, the answer was simple. They never attack americans.

While still shakey its apparent that our feelings of positivity, fearlessness, and invincibility are approaching pre 9/11 highs. How else can the powers that be do away with that? Make people believe that some shit that resembles the flu and/or the common cold(and is just as easy to catch) can kill you. Did anyone else peep last night that Fox was the only channel that didn't cover President Obamas speech live? Not only did my local Fox not cover his mostly positive and hopeful speech, they didn't even mention it. They were talking about...you guessed it the swine flu. Sly Fox indeed.....

I'm out.

2 comments:

  1. I read yesterday that Fox was the only channel that wouldn't give President Obama's speech. Can't say I'm surprise.

    I'm don't believe all this hype either about swine flu. They hyping it up and then in the same breathe say it's not as worse as the regular flu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMFAO @ feeling "swiney".....ok so i think 'Bama has done the best he could do in getting us out of the evil clutches of the confused monkey....um one thing i dont remember is having them polling to see how the president is doing on the 100th day...smdh....can a brother get some room to fix the fucking country and house train Bo for heaven sakes!

    ReplyDelete