Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm training to become a cage fighter

Guess who's bizzack, back on the blog wit my foooooooooolk. What it look like? I'm back with some more of the Chronicles. I'm feelin pretty good. Even though daylight savings has caught and beat my ass. I have been literally dragging myself to work the past few days. Then, after being there maybe 45 minutes I start feeling like myself. Hopefully this shit works itself out by weeks end. Today will be a more mundane post than usual. I was debating on putting it up or not, but y'all are family so why the hell not? Shall we?

I'm ready to whoop some ass people. LOL. Nah, but for real after much thought, apprehension, and even doubt on my part I am most likely going to be taking up Brazilian Jiu Jitsu by the end of the month. I have always admired the martial art, ever since the first UFC where Royce Gracie went ape shit on all challengers of different disciplines and sizes. Dismantling them with a dazzling array of chokes and submission moves. It was pretty cool to watch.

Through my on again off again relationship with UFC I got to see Brazilian Jiu Jitsu evolve, as it wasn't just the Gracie family(the creators of the discipline) practicing it anymore. The one thing I always loved about it is that it isn't about speed and strength. Its more about skill and technique. For some reason, at this time I was still thinking that you had to actually GO to Brazil to learn it. Hey, I was young what can I say.

But a couple of years ago, while in the car with Butterbear, I scoped a place pretty close to my house that teaches Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Even better, the head instructor has been trained by members of the Gracie family. SCORE!!! So here I am gearing up to go check out this school tomorrow, I'm extremely excited. The classes are pretty cheap. I also need to do something active, I'm getting a little chubby in the middle. Even though I play basketball, I typically only do that a lot in the summer. I have become what I hated as a teen, a weekend warrior. So sad.....but now hopefully I found something fun and that can keep me active.

Also I've gone back to eating right. It has been a few weeks since I had some raw veggies. So I'm trying to stay on top of that too. Wish me luck.

Part of this is probably vanity, but mostly necessity. High blood pressure runs in my family and my back is FUCKED up. So carrying these extra pounds is extremely uncomfortable and potentially deadly. Also I wouldn't mind looking a little better for the misses. Though she denies it I don't think she likes the way I look. She accepts it, but I'm prolly a good 50 pounds from where I was when I met her. I don't see that glare in her eyes when I take off my clothes....oh well, I'm gonna try my best.

I'm out...

Check out the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu clips on the side

No comments:

Post a Comment